Farming Connect is a Knowledge Transfer, Innovation and Advisory Service for farming and forestry businesses in Wales funded through Welsh Government.
Lantra leads on the delivery of the Lifelong Learning and Development Programme which has four key outputs:
- On-line Farming Connect Personal Development Plan (PDP)
- Framework for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for the Farming and Forestry sectors
- Development and delivery of accredited e-learning packages to the farming and forestry sectors
- Deliver subsidised accredited training and assessment through a network of Training Providers
- Animal Health & Welfare Training - Development of accredited training modules in conjunction with our delivery partners NADIS and approved by Lantra Awards. The courses are fully funded and will be delivered by local vet practices throughout Wales.
For further details of how to register and the full list of services available through Farming Connect to businesses in Wales.
Horticulture – “Growing for growth”
Farming Connect’s new horticulture programme will provide you with the support, guidance and training you need to help you achieve your goals. Launched in April 23 it is an important additional service within the new Farming Connect programme, which is funded by the Welsh government and delivered by Lantra Wales.
Supporting Commercial Horticulture Businesses:
- Helping build the capacity, scope and capability of the Welsh Horticulture Sector
- Providing conventional and organic growers with business support, mentoring and skills to enable them to adapt to environmental and economic challenges and opportunities
- Facilitating collaboration between environmentally-conscious producers, processors and supply chains to provide competitive advantage
- Capitalise on market opportunities for business development and growth
- Keep up to date through our programme of support, sector specific events and demand led training, aimed at helping you find efficient, sustainable, cost effective ways of working
- Network with like minded individuals, share your knowledge and learn from best practice